REAL ESTATE NEWS
- Genius Gen Zs Forge New Rules To Hack Housing’s ‘Priced-Out’ Crisis
Student entrepreneurs competed in a round-the-clock scrum—equal parts Silicon Valley tech hackathon and Shark Tank--as part of the third annual Hack-A-House competition, hosted by Salt Lake City-based Ivory Innovations, a division of the University of Utah’s David Eccles School of Business.
- Mortgage Rates Fall To 50-Year Low
Mortgage rates are at an all-time low. Here's why rates are falling, how to take advantage of them with refinancing, and whether the rise of housing costs is a danger sign that we are in another real estate bubble.
- The Fall Of American Small Businesses May Give Rise To More Sustainable Investments
With all the changes in the market, investors must learn from past mistakes and now use these changes for the most good moving forward.
- Erica Cerulo And Claire Mazur Talk The Art Of Curation And The Secrets To Finding Your Personal Style
Once a tastemaker, always a tastemaker.
- Italian Region Pays Up To $35,000 To Move Uphill
Emilia Romagna is paying people under 40 to move to its mountain towns and buy or restore a house—Here's the fine print.
- The Role Of Mortgage Points In A Low-Rate Market
Mortgage borrowers who are refinancing in today’s market and don’t expect to sell their house within the next 6 years would earn a high rate of return on funds used to pay points that result in a lower interest rate.
- Compass Founder & CEO Robert Reffkin Weighs In On Today’s Real Estate Market
Over the past eight years, Compass has grown to serve 18,000 real estate agents across 165+ U. S. cities, who were responsible for over $91 billion in real estate transactions in 2019.
- Homes In These Midwest Cities Are Selling The Fastest
In most parts of the country, houses are selling 50% faster than last year. For parts of the Midwest, it's even more competitive.
- Home Sales Continue To Rise Despite Low Inventory
Sales in vacation destination counties have seen a strong acceleration since July.
- Mortgage Rates Hit New Low; Here’s How Much They Could Save Homeowners Per Month
Mortgage rates have hit a new low, offering the average homeowner hundreds of dollars in monthly savings.
- 18-Hour Cities, Remote Work And More Emerging Trends That Will Shape Real Estate In 2021
The pandemic heightened the desirability of lower density areas for residential and commercial real estate.
- What Every American Should Understand About Investing In Real Estate
The tax code contains incentives that are designed to get us to do things that the government wants us to do, and one of the things that the government really wants us to do is invest in real estate.
- Just When It’s Needed Most, Startup Veev Is Figuring Out How To Build Homes Faster
The startup's new formula proved itself when it was recently able to develop homes four times faster than average traditional construction by completing a 78-unit development in San Jose in 90 days, including all steps of the process.
- Accessible Custom Furniture And Decor Is The Next Big Interior Design Trend
Accessible, quick-ship custom furniture might be the most important design trend of 2020.
- Temporary Changes In Travel Result In Increased Demand For Short-Term Rentals
A surge of Americans taking road trips this summer and fall is affecting the hospitality industry's real estate.